Search This Blog

Monday 3 June 2013

Wantable, New Subscription box open to Canadians

With the demise of 2 out of the 3 solely Canadian Beauty Subscription boxes, we have been sort of getting short changed on the Subscription options compared to our brethren to the south. Wantable is a U.S based sub that has been around since I think fall of 2012, they offer both a "Beauty" box and a  "Jewelry" box.  A few months ago they announced that they were expanding their shipping area to Canada (Yay!!)

Wantable has an extensive survey to help "Customize" your box and you can fiddle with it for previous boxes if you feel like they didn't quite hit the mark.  I think this is an amazing feature, but I have my doubts how sustainable this feature will be as their subscriber base increases.

Wantable promoted the launch of their Canadian shipping with the fact that they would offer the first box free (plus Shipping/Handling and Duties) to new Canadian Subscribers, I know your thinking AMAZING right, but after an overwhelming (I assume) response from us Canadian gals, they actually ended up with two options.

1) the first 1000 peoples to subscribe would pay for the box and shipping/handling and duties (Approx $47) and get refunded $36.00

2) The balance of the people that signed up during the offer period, would get the same but instead of a refund they would get credit towards the next months box.

Luckily for me I was in the group 1, now being as I have accumulated an abundance of product, I choose the Jewelry box, I was very excited when I first made my order but as spoilers started to roll in on the BBS group on facebook, my excitement lessened a fair bit as the pieces people received seems cheap and junky, so when I finally received my package I was pleasantly surprised a the contents.







Now don't get me wrong, I was not really jumping for joy either, the quality of the pieces is equivalent to Ardene or Claire's and for a monthly price of $47.00, I could pick up a large quantity of pieces that I pick out myself at Ardene's or Claire's.

Now its possible that with the large new amount of subscribers that the quality went down this month to accommodate so I am willing to give them another shot.

The Beauty boxes all looked great though!

Have you checked out Wantable?  what did you get?  Have an interest in checking them out?

My Referral Link is below.

https://www.wantable.com/invite/pJ-YYCUX6kc


I paid for this box out of my own funds, and was in no way compensated for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment